Monday, December 15, 2003
...Trusted reports and solving complications
1) Trusted, anonymous sources have informed me that I no longer need to bid in the eBay auction for the Hauppauge PVR-250. Also, I have been informed that I should layy off purchasing the Jaton 228PCI-128TV card. To those anonymous sources (who will be named after 25 Dec 03 and xx Jan 04, respectfully), I say thank you!
2) The complication has been solved via eBay for $45.99 + $8 S&H - a used model of the exact memory chip suggested and sold by Dell for the GX110, which sells new for $97.16, other sources had it (lowest price) as $68.66.
Chip specs - 256MB PC100 non-ECC CL2 - the "non-ECC", "CL2", and "PC100" parts all raised the price vs. the "ECC", unstated latency (3), and "PC133" parts.
The $300 budget swamped and overcome by the grace of an anonymous source, we note that the three purchased components totaled to $61.31-$53.99 = $7.32. Maybe I'll buy my wife something?
(She also has a $300 budget for her own project, non-tech and unblogged.)
2) The complication has been solved via eBay for $45.99 + $8 S&H - a used model of the exact memory chip suggested and sold by Dell for the GX110, which sells new for $97.16, other sources had it (lowest price) as $68.66.
Chip specs - 256MB PC100 non-ECC CL2 - the "non-ECC", "CL2", and "PC100" parts all raised the price vs. the "ECC", unstated latency (3), and "PC133" parts.
The $300 budget swamped and overcome by the grace of an anonymous source, we note that the three purchased components totaled to $61.31-$53.99 = $7.32. Maybe I'll buy my wife something?
(She also has a $300 budget for her own project, non-tech and unblogged.)