Saturday, March 27, 2004

Returned as defective 

I posted on March 13, 2004 that I purchased a particular brand of DVD burner. I am going back to that post and removing the brand name of the drive in question. I will however make mention of Best Buy, and complement the treatment I received returning my defective drive to the Rockville, MD location. They understood how to process a return from bestbuy.com, an experience more gratifying than that experienced earlier in the day at a different location.

A DVD burner is in still planned for later, but I don't really see how MythTV is going to interact with the DVD burner. MythTV is not designed for archiving video, only time-shifting broadcast video. Transferring my high-school graduation to a digital format on an open-source box is quite easy, but making a DVD from the experience just isn't in the cards using Linux without a greater mastery of command-line programming. It is slightly disheartening.