Wednesday, June 09, 2004
MythTV 0.15.1 and Mandrake 10.0 Official : Introduction
It is well over a week since I last posted. During this time I have installed Mandrake 10.0 twice on my computer, installed Mandrake 9.2 on my computer, and am again about to install 10.0 on my computer. If anyone is looking for advice on how to run MythTV 0.15.1 on Mandrake 10.0, consider that this fifth effort is well, a fifth effort. EDIT 21 Jun 2004: Sixth time was the charm.
In my fourth attempt, I got MythTV 0.15.1 partially working in Mandrake 9.2. With this in mind, I kept the /home/mythtv partition of my hard drive unchanged when performing this latest install. In this way, I do not have to habitually download all the MythTV files once again. Been there, done that. EDIT 21 Jun 2004: Sixth time I deleted the /home partition again. Didn't set me back at all, because I backed up well.
At the current time, my computer may be desribed as the following, right after installing 10.0 Official once again.
Hard Drive: 1 drive, 3 partitions
reformatted - hda1 (5.1GB) /
preserved - hda6 (5.8GB) /home
nearly full - hda7 (136GB) /var/video
Video outputs:
yes - nVIDIA GeForce 4 5200 PCI w/TV-out
no - Intel 810 on-board
Sound Card:
ALSA - SoundBlaster PCI (snd-en1371)
Memory:
384 MB
In my fourth attempt, I got MythTV 0.15.1 partially working in Mandrake 9.2. With this in mind, I kept the /home/mythtv partition of my hard drive unchanged when performing this latest install. In this way, I do not have to habitually download all the MythTV files once again. Been there, done that. EDIT 21 Jun 2004: Sixth time I deleted the /home partition again. Didn't set me back at all, because I backed up well.
At the current time, my computer may be desribed as the following, right after installing 10.0 Official once again.
Hard Drive: 1 drive, 3 partitions
reformatted - hda1 (5.1GB) /
preserved - hda6 (5.8GB) /home
nearly full - hda7 (136GB) /var/video
Video outputs:
yes - nVIDIA GeForce 4 5200 PCI w/TV-out
no - Intel 810 on-board
Sound Card:
ALSA - SoundBlaster PCI (snd-en1371)
Memory:
384 MB