Wednesday, June 09, 2004

MythTV 0.15.1 and Mandrake 10.0 Official : Step 4 - Getting Ready to Compile mythtv 

We again are following the HOW-TO at mythtv.org. From Chapter 4 I fixed the shared library requirements and the device permissions. In Chapter 5 I updated my files from CVS, learned more about an educational project called LAME, and ended up redirected to Chapter 21.19 to fix up the old, saved database to the brand new DataDirect Service. Cool! Now I can compile mythtv. The process is straightforward from the instructions.

EDIT 21 Jun 2004: Follow the MythTV instructions - they do a great job of updating what we need to do as Mandrake users. If it doesn't say what to do (say, for MythNews I believe) then look for the .pro file to qmake then make and make install. Once you compile MythTV itself, everything goes swimmingly. MythTV takes less time than a Kernel to compile but it still takes time.