Monday, January 30, 2006

Why does a blog run "silent" for one straight year? 

I'm enjoying my MythTV box too much. Also, note the following:

  1. Before the one-year hiatus ever came about, I didn't write-up any details about upgrading from 0.15.1 to 0.16.
  2. I found that upgrading from 0.16 to 0.17 many months ago wasn't that big of a deal. It didn't bother a mention. Soon after, 0.18 was released; with the consolidation of so many MythTV packages into just three main components, if I even remember correctly, the upgrade was super-easy. Therefore, if I didn't mention 0.15.1->0.16->0.17, I certainly wasn't going to mention the easy 0.18 install.
  3. Note, since April 15, 2005 there has not been a major release of MythTV to speak of - I opted away from the 0.18.1 release because it didn't seem to be advantageous to my particular system.
  4. Whenever a little problem came up, I would just refer back to prior posts.
  5. No one has submitted viewer mail, as viewership has declined rapidly in the past year.
  6. The HDTV Broadcast Flag suffered a setback in the US courts, and so the planned purchase of an HD-3000 never materialized. However, the contingency fund is there should the Broadcast Flag ever be made manifest.
  7. In July, two things happened: I got a job and I moved to new apartment with less cable channels. Therefore, I have no time to write about shows I cannot watch. Or something.
  8. There was no great recording of the Aussie Rules Grand Final with St. Kilda, because they choked.
  9. Even I stopped making this page my home page, though the slight uptick in hits in August could be me not yet masking my own visits as hits (from my new apartment/IP).
Well, there you have it. Save November 19, 2005, when Vanderbilt finally beat Tennessee in college football, there has been little to speak of here. Especially since JP Sports doesn't show the SEC in my area. March on, MythTV box, march on.